Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th February 1985 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Previous episode||25th February 1985|
|Next episode||4th March 1985|
Sally Waterman resigns from the Weatherfield Recorder, the Gazette having offered her a job. The Gazette reports on Mavis' win. She grows hysterical. Henry Wakefield tells Hilda he's starting afresh away from Weatherfield. Ken realises Sally got the job at the Gazette because of Mavis' story. He tells her to leave the Recorder immediately. A reporter, Jim Lomax, from the Nationals calls on Mavis. He frightens her into giving him her side of the story.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Sally Waterman - Vikki Chambers
- Eric Priestley - Dave Dutton
- Wilf Starkey - Jim Bywater
- Henry Wakefield - Finetime Fontayne
- Jim Lomax - James McKenna
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- TV Times synopsis: The fiasco of Mavis Riley's non-wedding rears its ugly head again and becomes public knowledge. Who leaked the information? Hilda Ogden is delighted to receive a surprise visitor. But why should this upset super-sleuth Percy Sugden?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,550,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|February 1985 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|