Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th March 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott (Credited as "Tom Elliot")|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||27th February 1985|
|Next episode||6th March 1985|
The Nationals carry Derek's story of the jilting. Andrea can't study for her mocks because there's not enough room in the house. Ken finds the DIY units too hard to erect. Mavis gives the reporter her reply to Derek's allegations that she's a scarlet woman. Derek turns up and tells Mavis that the reporter tricked him and twisted her words. Ken is surprised when Deirdre puts the units together. Derek and Mavis start to talk to each other for the first time. She worries that the reporter will print what she said about Derek.
- Connie Clayton - Susan Brown
- Andrea Clayton - Caroline O'Neill
- Sue Clayton - Jane Hazlegrove
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- First appearance of Derek Wilton since 24th September 1984.
- TV Times synopsis: The press hounds Mavis Riley for more information about the wedding that never was. Then a surprise visitor arrives. Ken Barlow reckons his Do-It-Yourself project can't be done at all. The Clayton sisters have an argument about Andrea’s studies.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,900,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 1985 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|