Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st May 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||29th April 1963|
|Next episode||6th May 1963|
Dennis tells Elsie that Mavis chucked him when he told her about his humble life. She feels sorry for him before discovering he is lying. She threatens to tell Mavis. The police recover all the stolen stock to the girls' dismay. Dennis tells Mavis the truth. She tells him she'll have to return to London to think about their relationship. Martha loses Ena's pension book. Frank refuses to listen to Ken's opposition to the shop. Ken thinks he shouldn't give up the security of the GPO. Mavis returns to London. Elsie is horrified to learn Dennis let Mavis go when she discovers her mother owns a few hotels.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis Fox heads for home - and Martha heads for trouble
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,228,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1963 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|