The Tilsleys work out a rota for looking after Nicky. With Gail off work some of the time, Percy helps Phyllis out at the cafe on the condition that he's in charge. Brian refuses to leave the garage because of all the work. Ivy irons fifteen rugby kits. Martin doesn't like Percy bossing him about. Bet goes to the "Hare and Hounds" with the girls. Ivy feels in the way as the Tilsleys row.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Connie Clayton - Susan Brown
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Jim's Cafe
- Tilsley's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Glamorous Bet Lynch's entry into 'high society' is threatened by a dress problem. But a neighbour offers practical help. Brian and Gail Tilsley's difficulties force Brian's mother, Ivy, into making a decision she might regret.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 19,400,000 viewers (1st place).
Percy Sugden: "Listen... I fried eggs under gunfire."
|March 1985 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|