Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||27th March 1985|
|Next episode||3rd April 1985|
Nicky returns to playgroup. With the Lowthers going away, Hilda agrees to house-sit. Cliff Farmer from the Brewery tells Bet that Stella Rigby has entered her in the "Brainiest Pub" contest. Bet ropes Ken in to lead the team. Gail wants to buy a house but Brian refuses to look for one. Hilda enjoys herself at the Lowthers' posh house. The Tilsleys have over £3,000 saved but Brian wants to spend the money on the garage rather than buy a house.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Wilf Starkey - Jim Bywater
- Dr Lowther - David Scase
- Cliff Farmer - Richard Blain
- Mrs Lowther - June Broughton
- Paperboy - Chris Hargreaves
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Tilsley's Garage
- Goldenhurst, Oakfield Drive - Living room, Hallway and exterior
- Doctor Lowther refers to his wife as "Joyce" rather than the later-established "Joan".
- TV Times synopsis: A shock for Ken Barlow and disappointment for Mavis Riley when landlady Bet Lynch sets out to put the Rovers on the map. Hard-working Hilda Ogden agrees to do a special favour, and her life takes on a touch of class.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,319,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1985 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|