Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd April 1985 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||1st April 1985|
|Next episode||8th April 1985|
Brian refuses to view a house that Gail is keen on. Mavis is delighted when Ken asks her to join the Rovers' quiz team. Gail packs and gets Kevin to drive her and Nicky to Audrey's in Cadishead. Hilda has a wonderful time at the Lowthers'. She returns home to find she's been burgled. Her bill money, £8.50 is taken and the house is vandalised. Wilf Starkey joins the quiz team. Brian returns home to find Gail has left. Ivy breaks down.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Wilf Starkey - Jim Bywater
- Dr Lowther - David Scase
- Cliff Farmer - Richard Blain
- Mrs Lowther - June Broughton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Tilsley's Garage
- Goldenhurst, Oakfield Drive - Living room, dining room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley thinks he has convinced wife Gail that his garage plans are for the best.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,751,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|April 1985 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|