|ITV transmission date||17th April 1985 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||15th April 1985|
|Next episode||22nd April 1985|
Ivy is furious that Brian spent the night in a club. The Duckworths celebrate their twenty-eighth wedding anniversary. Terry and Curly go halves on the car. Brian plans another night out and tells Ivy he's single again. The White Swan team are made up of professionals. Bet worries about the Rovers' reputation. The car breaks down and Curly has to run to the Rovers to be in time for the quiz. Terry realises Jack knew the engine was knackered and it'll cost a fortune to repair. Stella Rigby is put out when the Rovers take a lead over the White Swan. Percy gets the deciding question on sport wrong and the Rovers lose the quiz. He is sorry but everyone shuns him. Ivy packs Brian's bag and tells him to leave.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Wilf Starkey - Jim Bywater
- Cliff Farmer - Richard Blain
- Stella Rigby - Vivienne Ross
- Maggie Butterworth - Rowena Parr
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and select
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- Unknown street
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 30th September 1985.
- TV Times synopsis: The Rovers' Mastermind Team of Mavis, Percy, Curly and Ken battle it out against strong opposition. Matters come to a head between Ivy and Brian over his break-up with Gail.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,273,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|April 1985 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|