Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th May 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||1st May 1963|
|Next episode||8th May 1963|
The assistants celebrate at Miami Modes when they discover Mrs Dumbarton is leaving. They are told one of them will be promoted. Frank cashes in his policies and signs the shop's lease. Martha reports the missing book and tells Ena it's gone. Christine and Elsie think Dot will get the supervisor's job. Jerry asks Sheila to go steady with him. Ken returns Ena's pension book after a schoolboy finds it. She discovers that this week's pension has been drawn.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Ministry of Pensions Supervisor - Julian Somers
- Ministry of Pensions Assistant - Alison Morris
- TV Times synopsis: Frank throws security to the winds, and Martha has difficulty with a confession
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,358,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1963 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|