|ITV transmission date||8th July 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||3rd July 1985|
|Next episode||10th July 1985|
Ivy and George return from the Isle of Man. Kevin thinks about going into partnership with Brian. Brian tells him that it'll cost a lot. Ivy hopes that George is going to propose to her. Bet regrets the holiday. Mavis cherishes her moments with Norris Birchall. Kevin plans a weekend away in Southampton with Michelle. Ivy is upset by George taking her for granted when she thinks that he wants to sleep with her. She asks him to leave.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Holly Chamarette
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sheila Crompton - Kathy Jamieson
- Samantha Crompton - Nicola Mockridge
- Wilf Starkey - Jim Bywater
- Michelle Robinson - Stephanie Tague
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Bessie Street
- Bessie Street School - Exterior
- Tilsley's Garage
- First appearance of Tracy Langton since 21st November 1983 and the first appearance of Holly Chamarette in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Kevin Webster gets some stern advice from Brian Tilsley. Mavis recalls her holiday.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,650,000 viewers (2nd place).
Bet Lynch: "All I'm saying Hilda is, the way things are going we'll be spending more on cleaning stuff than on ale."
Hilda Ogden: "And all I'm saying is, I can't do a proper job unless I have the wherewithal to do it."
Bet Lynch: "You have got the wherewithal. You've got enough flippin' wherewithal to clean Chester Zoo, never mind a little pub like this."
|July 1985 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|