Andrea breaks down and tells Connie she's having a baby. Connie tells her that it's not the end of the world. Andrea doesn't want Terry to know. George promises Brian that he'll be straight with Ivy and look after her. Michelle and Kevin agree to be friends. She tells him that Andrea is pregnant and Terry is the father. Connie tells Harry that Andrea is pregnant. He is furious and wants to kill Terry. Sue gets the job at Elliston's Bakery. Ivy is upset when George jokes about marrying in a Registry office. Kevin tells Terry that Andrea is pregnant.
- Andrea Clayton - Caroline O'Neill
- Sue Clayton - Jane Hazlegrove
- Connie Clayton - Susan Brown
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Tilsley's Garage
- Unknown Park
- The park which Kevin Webster and Michelle Robinson visit is St John's Gardens, the site of a former church and its yard on Byrom Street in Manchester, which is next to the Granada studios building. The same location was used in Episode 1171 (5th April 1972) for the scenes featuring Ray Langton and Vicki Bright, Episode 7807 (23rd February 2012) for Izzy and Katy Armstrong's meeting, Episode 8013 (10th December 2012) for a scene featuring Tyrone Dobbs, Kirsty and Ruby Soames, and Episode 8225 (30th September 2013) for a scene featuring David and Kylie Platt.
- TV Times synopsis: Kevin Webster is faced with breaking bad news to Terry. Meanwhile, Terry’s mother, Vera, can't wait to tell the world about Ivy Tilsley's happiness.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,800,000 viewers (4th place).
Percy Sugden: "There are folk in this fair land of ours, Miss Riley, who are hellbent on taking away life's most precious possession - childhood. The age of innocence. Look at 'em today, the kids. Five-year olds using language I'd never heard of til I were twenty. Throwing stones, vandalising, spraying black paint all over t'place, ganging up on teachers. They even have em carrying banners in flamin' processions, going on strike. I tell you I were passing Bessie Street Juniors t'other day on the bus and there were two fellas handing out political leaflets to kids (motioning) 'that high'. If I could have got down them steps I'd have throttled the pair of em."
Deirdre Barlow: "Well, here endeth the first lesson."
|July 1985 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|