Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th August 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||31st July 1985|
|Next episode||7th August 1985|
Hilda tells Alf that she knows about the new houses being built in Bessie Street. She asks for more money. Frank Mills turns up at the Rovers. Bet is thrilled to see him. He tells her that he's down from Blackpool for a job and arranges to take her out. Percy has an upset stomach. Phyllis takes him in hand. Alf refuses to pay more money for No.13. Les Pringle tells Hilda that her roof is sagging and it could bring the house down. Frank doesn't get the job. Les tells Hilda that the roof work will cost £2,000 and advises her to sell to Alf.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Phyllis Pearce gets the chance to play nursemaid to Percy Sugden.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,000,000 viewers (3rd place). This episode marks the first occasion on which an episode of Coronation Street was beaten in the charts by an episode of EastEnders.
|August 1985 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|