|ITV transmission date||2nd September 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||28th August 1985|
|Next episode||4th September 1985|
Vera's birthday arrives with the knowledge that Terry has gone. A friend offers Frank Mills a job in Chester. He tells Bet that he wants a permanent post with an incentive to stay on. Terry returns home. He tells Vera that he got a ticket for London, fell asleep at the station and was mugged. Rita feeds Alf whilst the Corner Shop alterations are going on. Pensioner Sam Tindall looks forward to the bowls championship. He gets Phyllis to kiss his bowls and makes a play for her. She isn't interested. Rita is relieved that Alf just wants to be friends with her. Mike advises Terry not to run away from home. Bet tells Frank that she fancies him but she wants a commitment. They kiss.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- First appearance of Sam Tindall.
- TV Times synopsis: Vera Duckworth starts her special day with sadness, but for Alf Roberts there's more than his shop conversion to worry about.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,450,000 viewers (1st place).
|September 1985 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|