Bet goes off on the cruise and gives Hilda the keys to the Rovers. She asks her to inform the brewery. As the taxi starts up, Hilda mishears her and tells Betty that the brewery have been informed. Phyllis is thrilled that Percy won the match knowing that he knew she was the prize. Betty asks for help from the Brewery. She takes Jack on to help in the cellar. Gloria Todd arrives to help Betty out. Percy refuses to take Phyllis on the bowls trip. Gloria is tired of temping and looks for something more permanent. George Newton investigates Bet's disappearance. He is satisfied with the temporary staff but wants a stocktake.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- First appearance of Gloria Todd since 6th February 1985, now a regular character.
- TV Times synopsis: Landlady Bet Lynch acts impulsively - leaving the Rovers in a state of confusion and putting barmaid Betty Turpin on the spot.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,650,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1985 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|