Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd September 1985 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||18th September 1985|
|Next episode||25th September 1985|
Alf refuses to serve barmcakes unless they're ordered. Brian feels that George is taking Ivy for granted and dragging his feet. He tells Ivy his opinion. Curly returns from his parents' house to find that Terry has got premises for the business. Jack wants to work at the Rovers permanently. The factory girls complain about Alf's new regime. Deirdre accuses him of being stroppy since the alterations. Terry refuses to pay Curly for the work he did himself whilst Curly was away. Terry asks Rita to rent the Yard to him permanently. She tells him to convince her that the partnership is stable. No.11 goes up for sale. Ivy asks George when they're getting married. He says that he wants to as soon as possible, but not in a church. She refuses to marry in a registry office and is upset that his religion means so little to him.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard
- TV Times synopsis: Alf Roberts upsets some valued customers with his rules for his new shop. Brian Tilsley has cause for concern about George and Ivy’s marriage plans.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,950,000 viewers (2nd place).
|September 1985 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|