Percy invites Emily to the bowls outing after having told Phyllis there were no more tickets left. Gail advises Phyllis to finish with him. Bet returns to find Jack and Gloria behind the bar. Betty tells her that the Brewery have made her manager. Bet accuses her of shopping her to the Brewery. Bet refuses to tell the Brewery that she's back or work behind the bar. Audrey arrives at the Tilsleys' house with her bags as boyfriend Paul has thrown her out of their flat and changed the locks. Phyllis discovers there's loads of tickets left for the outing. She tells Percy that he's horrible for lying to her. Gail agrees to let Audrey stay. Bet has finished with Frank and wishes she'd never gone on the cruise. She feels that she's going to be sacked, but she's going down with all guns blazing.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- George Wardle - Ron Davies
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- First appearance of Audrey Potter since 17th April 1985 and after six years of semi-regular appearances the character becomes a permanent member of the cast from this episode onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Rover Bet returns to the sort of welcome she hadn't bargained for. And there's a surprise for Gail when her mum pays a visit.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,950,000 viewers (5th place).
|September 1985 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|