Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd December 1985 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||18th December 1985|
|Next episode||25th December 1985|
Alf throws the pudding away. He is hungover and ill-prepared for the wedding. Audrey worries about giving up her singleness. She and Gail laugh at the thought this being her first wedding day. Sam demands compensation from Bet for his lost pudding. Frank moves into the Rovers for Christmas. Gail, Brian, Ivy, Mike, Ken and Deirdre gather for Alf and Audrey's wedding. Alf and Audrey are married at the Register Office. Bet lays on a wedding spread in the select of the Rovers. The celebrations turn into a Christmas party. Rita wishes Alf well. Ken is displeased to see Mike dancing with Susan at the party. Bet is upset to see Frank and Gloria flirting together. The Roberts sneak off on honeymoon to Paris.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Holly Chamarette
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Sam Tindall - Tom Mennard
- Frank Mills - Nigel Gregory
- Driver - Mike Kelly
- Irene Sherratt - Lesley Daine
- Sandra Pilkington - Maggie Ollerenshaw
- Photographer - Trevor Nelson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Hammond Road
- 33 Hammond Road - Garden
- Weatherfield Register Office - Exterior
- In place of the usual theme music at the end of the episode the credits ran over a shot of the partygoers in the Select of the Rovers Return and the playing of White Christmas by an organist at the party.
- TV Times synopsis: Alf and Audrey get married and there's music and revelry in the Rovers. But the celebrations turn sour for Ken and Deirdre Barlow.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,200,000 viewers (6th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|December 1985 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|