Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th January 1986 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||1st January 1986|
|Next episode||8th January 1986|
Bet refuses to feel down about Frank leaving. Gloria is pleased that she doesn't blame her and they plan a night out together. Susan refuses to let Ken put her off Mike. She tells Mike that if he can cope with all the problems, she still wants to see him. The Police break the news to one of Rita's paper girls, Jenny Bradley, that her mother has been run over and is dead. Ken is convinced Susan will realise that she's making a fool of herself. Jack hears that Frank has left and offers his services to Bet as cellarman. Bet tells him that she's coping well without him - Terry is giving her a hand. Mike gives Susan the keys to his flat, telling her that she'll always have somewhere to go. Don Worthington is called in as there is no one to look after Jenny. She is put into Larchfield Children's Home. Susan begs Deirdre to try to see Mike as she does. Deirdre asks Ken to let Susan be. She is distraught when he decides to tell Susan about the affair.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Unknown location in Weatherfield
- First appearance of Jenny Bradley.
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Don Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- Stuart Wolfenden makes a pre-Mark Casey appearance as Craig Russell.
- TV Times synopsis: Susan Barlow is convinced that life can only get better; and some shocking news in the Kabin leaves Mavis looking on the black side of things.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,000,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1986 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|