Gloria assures Jack she won't tell Vera that he sent her the roses when he begs her not to. He swears he won't send her any more. Audrey gets food from the cafe for the party at No.11. Gloria is sent another rose. Rita shows some of her singing gowns off to Jenny. Gloria tackles Jack about the rose but he swears he didn't send it. David Atherton turns up and tells her that he sent the rose - she is pleased. Audrey finds the housewarming very tame. Alf plays all his records. David takes Gloria for a meal. Alan and Rita watch Jenny singing at the school disco. Afterwards they go on to the Roberts' housewarming. Alan tells Rita that he enjoys her company. Jenny turns up at the party and accuses Rita and Alan of only wanting to be with each other. Rita is embarrassed.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- David Atherton - Benny Young
- Delivery Man - Joel David
- Sandra Pilkington - Maggie Ollerenshaw
- Irene Sherratt - Lesley Daine
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 5th May 1986 as Lynne Perrie underwent heart surgery in early 1986.
- TV Times synopsis: There's a man looking for a date, Bet looking for some answers and Jack persuading Gloria to tell lies - what's going on? Meanwhile, Alf and Audrey are throwing a housewarming party, but the atmosphere gets hotter than Rita expected.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (4th place).
|March 1986 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|