Hilda refuses to accept housekeeping money from Sally, feeling it would bind her legally. Gail acts like a teenager, skiving off work to see Ian. She tells him that she wants to make love to him again and again. Kevin tells Sally he wants to move into a flat with her - she is delighted. Ian is frightened about what would happen if Brian finds out about the affair. Gail tells him that it's important for her to feel young and irresponsible again. Terry complains to Jenny about Alan. Hilda is mortified at the thought of Kevin and Sally living together. Audrey tackles Gail about her feelings for Ian. Gail resents her interfering. She tells Audrey that she feels loved again and doesn't see the harm in it; Brian has loads of "bits on the side". Audrey urges Gail to stop seeing Ian before she ruins her life. Alan is furious to hear Terry has been mouthing-off about him. He goes for him in the Rovers, hitting him repeatedly. Rita is horrified and screams for him to stop. Bet throws him out.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Sally Seddon - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey attempts to give daughter Gail the benefit of her experience. And Terry is in danger of shooting his mouth off once too often.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,600,000 viewers (4th place).
Gail Tilsley: "I'm sick of being a drudge, which is what this marriage has made me. 'Course I want Nicky and Brian and all this. No one can go on living their life, year in year out, for other people."
|June 1986 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|