Bet fears that she's going to be blamed for the fire by the brewery. Alec gets Sam to buy barm cakes from Alf's shop for 50p which he sells at the club for £1 each. Bet is surprised when George Newton doesn't dwell on the fire but tells her that the brewery now plan to renovate the pub. Jack is relieved that he's not going to be blamed. Gloria wants to celebrate the Rovers' reopening with Alan. He has to let her down to go with the newsagents' dance with Rita. Jenny tells him that he's an idiot going out with Rita and not Gloria. Alan and Rita have a wonderful evening together. Afterwards Rita instigates a kiss and Alan responds. She refuses to let him into the house but tells him there will be other nights. Alec is annoyed to hear the Rovers will be renovated. Gloria waits for Alan to return. When he does she tells him that she still wants to celebrate. He succumbs to her and goes into her flat.
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Coronation Street exterior
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Graffiti Club
- Flat 3, 41 Ashdale Road - Living room, Communal hallway
- This episode was transmitted at 6.15pm to allow for World Cup coverage.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch has news for washed-up Jack Duckworth. Gloria Todd feels threatened by Rita Fairclough.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,500,000 viewers (7th place).
|June 1986 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|