Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th August 1986 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||20th August 1986|
|Next episode||27th August 1986|
Gail agrees to a family conference but doesn't think that it'll do any good. Susan is upset when Ken criticises her work, saying it lacks sparkle. Brian's mate, Tony Marsh, pushes him to fight Gail for all he can get. Brian gets sick of hearing about divorce. Susan tells Ken that she doesn't like working for him anymore; they haven't got a good working relationship. Alf hosts the family conference. It finishes early as Brian doesn't turn up. Kevin doesn't want to push Sally over visiting Southampton for his twenty-first as he doesn't want to lose her. Derek meets Mavis in secret, behind Angela's back. Mavis feels like "the other woman".
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Seddon - Sally Whittaker
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- The Bonny Arms - Public
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey is worried about Gail’s state of mind.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,600,000 viewers (3rd place).
Rita Fairclough: "Oh Mavis my child, it seems obvious to me this barmy marriage that Derek's got is nothing but a sinking ship. He doesn't want a navigator to steer it clear o'rocks, he just wants a lifeboat to jump in when it goes down."
Mavis Riley: "Well I've been compared to some things!"
|August 1986 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|