|ITV transmission date||24th September 1986 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||22nd September 1986|
|Next episode||29th September 1986|
Betty returns to the Rovers. Hilda blames her for depriving Sally of her job. Jenny tells Rita about Alan's redundancy, hoping she can cheer him up. Alan tells Rita he feared she would go off him if he was jobless. He tells her that he can't commit himself to a long-term relationship whilst he's out of work. Brian tells solicitor Geoffrey Stacey that he wants his marriage ended as soon as possible. Hilda tells Sally and Kevin that she has no objections to them lodging with her once they're married. They are pleased.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Sally Seddon - Sally Whittaker
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Flat 3, 41 Ashdale Road - Living room and communal hallway
- Tilsley's Garage
- Stuart Wolfenden makes a pre-Mark Casey appearance as Craig Russell.
- TV Times synopsis: Jenny Bradley tries to help her dad face up to an uncertain future.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,050,000 viewers (5th place).
|September 1986 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|