Curly tells Terry they must keep proper accounts. Terry feels that would play right into the tax man's hands. Curly threatens to remove his money from the van repairs if they don't keep accounts but Terry refuses to be blackmailed. Rita takes the boxes back to Hawthornes. Derek is horrified, telling Mavis she's making life difficult for him at work. He begs her to take them back but she stands firm. Rita congratulates her for standing up to him. Neville Hawthorne calls at The Kabin wanting to know if Derek pressurised Mavis into making the order. She swears he didn't and offers to take half the order of the diaries. Rita tells her she's pathetic. Terry refuses to let Emily keep the Yard's books or pay VAT and tax. Brian buys fireworks for Nicky but Gail has already organised a display with friend Pauline Lofthouse and her children. Brian feels alienated. Curly realises Terry must have something to hide.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Neville Hawthorne - Mark Chatterton
- Pauline Lofthouse - Judy Hawkins (Credited as "Pauline Loftus")
- Mrs Fox - Mae Stelfox
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Last appearance of Derek Wilton until 16th February 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis is concerned when Derek's stepson Neville comes to the Kabin asking awkward questions.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,650,000 viewers (6th place).
|November 1986 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|