Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd December 1986 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||1st December 1986|
|Next episode||8th December 1986|
Susan visits a playgroup to talk to the leader about what mothers want in clothing. She is advised to go for the fashion end aimed at grandmothers. Jack worries that Alec is after getting his feet under Bet's table. Richard Armstrong tells Gloria that their mother has cancer and is dying. Gloria maintains she doesn't know her and doesn't want to see her. Susan is convinced she can make the children's clothing work if she gets the machinists' support. Alec assures Bet that the Graffiti Club isn't going down and warns Jack to keep out of his affairs. Susan tells the girls there's lots of money to be made in children's clothes and it would be a challenge. She wins them over. Bet makes Gloria see that she'll never forgive herself if she doesn't see her mother. Gloria realises she would feel better if she met her. Susan contacts Cheryl Crossley, her art student friend, to ask her to design outfits. Mike tells her that he'd rather she turned her mind to being a mother. Gloria and Richard leave for Canada.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Richard Armstrong - Michael Thomas (Credited as "Michael Thoma")
- Sandra Marsden - Julie Higginson
- Mark Redman - Christopher Oakes (Uncredited)
- Natasha Marsden - Rosie Dynevor (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Last appearance of Gloria Todd until 1st April 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch begins to see Alec Gilroy in a new light.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,700,000 viewers (3rd place).
|December 1986 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st