Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd July 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||1st July 1963|
|Next episode||8th July 1963|
Elsie thinks Christine is going to be sacked but Dennis thinks it'll be her as she's older. Harry grows depressed on the dole. He feels he's only fit to drive buses. Frank thinks Ken is unwise seeing Marian Lund again but Ken stresses the point that she's now married. Minnie gives Harry an advert for a warehouse and traffic manager job. He's not interested but takes the cutting anyway. Elsie decides to resign before she's sacked. Val has to back out of seeing Marian when Ena reminds her that she made a hair appointment which she didn't note down. Miss Read tells Elsie she can stay in the department as she has more experience than Christine. Annie goes down with the summer chill. Florrie tells Len that Elliston's Raincoat Factory has to close for two weeks as they have no orders, and Sheila has gone to Bridlington with her parents. Harry borrows £20 from Len. Christine is put in charge of children's wear. She makes up with Elsie before she leaves. Marian's husband has food poisoning and, to Val's horror, Ken decides to see Marian on his own. Harry refuses to let Concepta go back to work at the Rovers. She tells him she has saved £46 in her post office book. Ken goes out with Marian.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Christine Appleby - Christine Hargreaves
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Counter Clerk - Leslie Twelvetrees
- Secretary - Louise Jervis
- Miss Read - Nancie Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Back room, hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Front room, hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen
- Miami Modes - Better dressed department, Miss Read's office
- Labour Exchange
- Final appearance of Christine Hargreaves as Christine Appleby.
- Martha Longhurst (Lynne Carol), Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss), Miss Nugent (Eileen Derbyshire), Doreen Lostock (Angela Crow) and Sheila Birtles (Eileen Mayers) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena insists on her rights and causes trouble
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,482,000 homes (2nd place).
|July 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st