Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th December 1986 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||3rd December 1986|
|Next episode||10th December 1986|
Rita gets upset on the third anniversary of Len's death. Bet hears from Sam that Alec has been sacked by the brewery. When Jack tells her that Alec is taking her for a mug, she is furious. Alec tells Bet he wasn't sacked - the brewery didn't like him spending all his time running his theatrical agency. Jenny asks Martin to help her write some lyrics for a school music project. He isn't very keen. Cheryl Crossley shows Mike some of her sketches and designs. He is impressed. Jenny dresses up, hoping Martin will like her. He feels uncomfortable. She asks him to take her out but he feels she's too young. Her feelings are hurt. Alec calls on Bet late at night and gives her a gold lighter as a token of his affection. He thanks her for being a pal. She is puzzled by the gesture.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Lisa Woods - Ruth Whitehead (Credited as "Lisa Wood")
- Sam Tindall - Tom Mennard
- Cheryl Crossley - Jane Jermyn
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Jim's Cafe
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Betty and Jack are wary of Alec Gilroy. Jenny Bradley takes an interest in Martin Platt and Susan Baldwin's designer friend arrives from Newcastle.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,050,000 viewers (3rd place).
|December 1986 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st