Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th July 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||3rd July 1963|
|Next episode||10th July 1963|
Valerie is cold to Ken after his date with Marian. Ken blames her for letting him go by himself and they row. Ken doesn't want her to be a stay-at-home wife but Val accuses him of driving her to it. Ena thinks Ken is regretting marrying Val after seeing him leave with Marian. Annie is in bed because of her summer chill and refuses to see a doctor. Albert hears about Ken and Marian from Ena and orders Val to make more effort to go out with Ken. Dennis gives Doreen some records he got through the profession but they turn out to be golden oldies. Jerry gives Dennis the idea of holding his own auditions for new talent. He advertises for acts to contact him with his new venture - Dennis Tanner Enterprises. Len asks Elsie out to a charity bash at the British Legion. Concepta volunteers to help Jack at the Rovers. Emily is thrilled when Mr. Papagopolous congratulates the Rosamund Street branch for putting sales up 17% in the Gamma Weekly News. Valerie hears Ena gossiping about Elsie and Len and thinks she's talking about Ken going out with Marian again. She tells Ena to keep her mouth shut. Concepta tries to reassure Val that Ken wouldn't be interested in Marian. Marian writes to Ken asking him and Val over to hers for dinner. Val refuses to go. Ken yells at her to grow up. Elsie is horrified to see Dennis's advert in the Gazette and more so when a piano accordion player turns up No.11 for an audition.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room, front room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 15a Coronation Street
- Gamma Garments
- Annie Walker (Doris Speed), Frank Barlow (Frank Pemberton), Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge) and Sheila Birtles (Eileen Mayers) are credited but don't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Tanner Enterprises is formed at No. 11 Coronation Street - unknown to Elsie
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,489,000 homes (joint 1st place with 10th July 1963).
|July 1963 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st