Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th January 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||26th January 1987|
|Next episode||2nd February 1987|
Hilda is horrified that Tom Hopwood put Doctor Lowther off. Ian Latimer wants to talk to Brian so he doesn't return to Australia feeling like a coward. Ken prints the article about Susan and the Norbury children. Hilda tells Tom that she doesn't want him interfering in her life. She fears the Lowthers will think she's let them down. Brian tells Gail that he won't let her take Nicky to Australia. She tells him that she's turned Ian down. Ken hears from the Chief Fire Officer, discovering there was only a little fire. He accuses Susan of exaggerating the story to sell her clothes. He's sickened that she hasn't got any standards anymore. Ian calls on Gail to say goodbye whilst Brian is there. Ian apologises to Brian but Brian accuses him of ruining his life. He tells Ian that there's no way he's taking his son from him and thumps him. Gail becomes distraught and suffers stomach pains. Doctor Lowther tells Hilda that it's obvious they've been working her too hard and tells her to rest; they can't do without her. Ian calls for an ambulance when Gail realises the baby is on its way at thirty-five weeks. She struggles to keep calm. Ian goes with her to the hospital.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ian Latimer - Michael Loney
- Tom Hopwood - Len Marten
- Doctor Lowther - David Scase
- Ambulanceman - Geoff Oldham
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- Albert Street
- TV Times synopsis: Ian Latimer's presence in Weatherfield creates tension in more than one household - but it's Gail Tilsley who is most affected.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,350,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1987 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|