Gail's contractions are slowed down as the doctor tries to delay labour. Ian hopes that she'll want him around once the baby is born. Gail's contractions get worse and she is rushed to the delivery room. Audrey encourages Ian to hang around the hospital to prove to Gail that he cares and Brian doesn't. Ivy waits at the hospital with Audrey. The news that Gail is in labour unites them. They fear the baby won't be alright. Susan apologises to Ken for stretching the truth over the fire. Gail gives birth to a girl. She calls her Sarah Louise. She is too small and has to go into the baby care unit in an incubator. Susan talks the Barlows into coming to dinner. Ivy feels Gail should have Sarah baptised in case she dies. Brian has no plans to visit either Gail or Sarah.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Leah & Lynsay King (Uncredited)
- Doctor Whitaker - Alice Arnold
- Ian Latimer - Michael Loney
- Sister Coles - Heather Williams
- Nurse Baxter - Trish Cooke
- Nurse Philips - Kirsten Baker
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Weatherfield General - Maternity unit, relatives' room, corridor, delivery suite and baby care unit
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room/kitchen
- Birth of Sarah Louise Tilsley and first appearance of Leah and Lynsay King in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Tilsley has been rushed to hospital, but her baby's not due for a month yet. Will the hospital staff manage to stop the labour?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,550,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|February 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|