|ITV transmission date||4th February 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
Tom Elliott (Credited as "Tom Elliot")
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||2nd February 1987|
|Next episode||9th February 1987|
Gail feels helpless watching Sarah in the incubator. Martin finds it hard to cope at the cafe with Phyllis off and Gail in hospital. Percy helps him out. Ian Latimer has a blood test at the hospital to see if he's Sarah's father. Brian worries about Gail and Sarah but refuses to visit them. Ian's blood test proves that he isn't Sarah's father. He tells Gail he's afraid Brian is the father. She asks him not to tell anyone else. Phyllis takes Edwina Turner on at the cafe as she doesn't want to work with Percy. Ken and Mike are uncomfortable as they eat together. Ian returns to Australia. Audrey is furious that Alf let him go. Mike and Ken agree to disagree about business matters. Gail swears that she'll get by on her own with her children.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Leah King (Uncredited)
- Doctor Whitaker - Alice Arnold
- Ian Latimer - Michael Loney
- Lorraine Simpson - Mandy Hester
- Sam Tindall - Tom Mennard
- Edwina Turner - Ayesa Toure
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Baby care unit and relatives' room
- Heather Williams (Sister Coles) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: With baby Tilsley in the Special Care Baby Unit, Ian Latimer determines to find the answer to the question of who is the father.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,800,000 viewers (5th place).
Audrey Roberts (to Ivy Tilsley): "Oh, well we all know who you reckon she needs don't we, eh?... that young fellow-me-lad o'yours... who's about as sensitive as a marble headstone, who ditched 'er when she most needed 'im and who cares so much that he hasn't even bothered to go to the hospital to see 'er or the baby."
|February 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|