Terry makes Curly see that it pays to lie a bit in order to sell their wares. Rita publicly announces that Alan is her "common-law husband". Hilda is worried that Tom fancies her. He tells her about an over-sixtie's club holiday to Rhyl he's going on. He invites her to go on the holiday. He assures her that it would all be responsible and above board. She agrees. Emily is shocked to discover Curly is telling housewives that he's unemployed to get them to buy his goods. She tells Curly that she's disgusted and disappointed in him.
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- Unknown areas within Weatherfield
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Barbara Knox in the role of Rita Fairclough.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda worries about her reputation when a certain gentleman arrives with a proposition.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,400,000 viewers (3rd place).
|February 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|