|ITV transmission date||9th March 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||4th March 1987|
|Next episode||11th March 1987|
Alec returns from touring Spain with a cabaret package. Brian returns from Scotland. Ken decides to stand for the Labour party and tells Alf that he'll be opposing him in the elections. Bet asks the bank for a loan of £12,000 as she has £3,000 saved. Liz Turnbull tries to win Ivy over, saying she's not a scarlet woman. Ivy tells her that in her eyes, Brian will always be married to Gail. Alec tells Bet it's a good idea to buy the tenancy. Alf and Ken agree on a good clean fight in the elections. Brian stuns Ivy by telling her that he's going to move in with Liz.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Leah King (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- First appearance of Alec Gilroy since 10th December 1986.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow has some news for Alf Roberts that's going to put Deirdre on the spot. And Ivy Tilsley's in for a bombshell when Brian comes back from Scotland.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,450,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|