Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th March 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||25th March 1987|
|Next episode||1st April 1987|
Tom Hopwood is puzzled when Hilda refuses to go dancing again. Ken realises that he can't give up his job but badly wants to be a Councillor. Hilda accuses Tom of enjoying having Phyllis flirting with him. He tells her that she's acting stupidly and tells her that he'll go dancing on his own. Gail agrees to let Brian have Nicky for tea on the condition they have it with Ivy, without Liz Turnbull. Brian feels frustrated but agrees. Deirdre is shocked when Ken withdraws from the elections. Liz calls on Brian at No.5 whilst he's with Nicky. Gail arrives and finds her there. She is furious and accuses Ivy of setting the whole thing up. She threatens to stop bringing Nicky round.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Leah King (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Community Centre
- Rosamund Street
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow faces a big decision over his job and his family. And Hilda is put in her place by her gentleman friend Tom Hopwood.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,150,000 viewers (6th place).
|March 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|