Gloria tells Bet that she doesn't like the way Alec throws his weight about at the Rovers. Bet annoys Alec by telling him that she's the boss of the Rovers, not him. In Edward Street, Terry finds his old army mate Pete Jackson. He encourages Pete and Linda who are depressed at being unemployed. Linda tells Pete that she's sick of his lax attitude in looking for work. Percy tells Hilda that Tom Hopwood isn't a good enough partner for her. She tells him that she'll leave if Tom leaves. Mavis tells Sally that Alf has a flat above the shop going vacant. Sally wants to ask Alf to rent it but Kevin tells her that the situation won't work; he doesn't want her to be at Alf's beck and call.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Edward Street
- Pete Jackson's house - Living room and hallway
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Ian Mercer makes the first of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: Alec Gilroy throws his weight about, Terry has a chance encounter with a friend from the past - and Sally Webster has ideas of living above her station.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,250,000 viewers (3rd place).
|April 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|