|ITV transmission date||29th April 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||27th April 1987|
|Next episode||4th May 1987|
Sally makes Kevin see that they need to have a place of their own. She asks Alf but he tells her that he wants the flat as a store room. Linda Jackson doesn't like Pete spending his time drinking with Terry. Alec tries to get Alan to stock blue videos as he has a lot. Sally enlists Hilda's help to get the flat. Pete feels sure that Terry will take him on at the Builder's Yard. Linda doesn't want him to get involved with him. Alec uses the Rovers as his office, annoying Bet. Hilda tells Alf that the Websters are moving to Partington and Sally will be leaving the shop immediately. Alf realises that he can't campaign without Sally's help. He offers Sally the shop flat. The Websters celebrate and thank Hilda for conning Alf into an agreement. Bet tells Alec that he's just a customer as far as she's concerned. Linda makes it clear to Terry that she doesn't like him. Terry invites Pete to join the firm. Pete is keen but Linda tells Terry they're not interested.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Leah King (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Pete Jackson's house, Edward Street - Living room and hallway
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: Not for the first time, Kevin and Sally have cause to be grateful to Hilda.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,700,000 viewers (5th place).
|April 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|