Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th May 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||4th May 1987|
|Next episode||11th May 1987|
Pete Jackson joins Terry and Curly selling door to door. Ken writes an article, with a photograph, in the Weatherfield Recorder about Deirdre and Gary Willis. Curly is annoyed when Terry and Pete cut him off and treat him like a slave. The factory girls tackle Deirdre about the poor housing situation. Alf joins in the debate. Shirley tackles him about her family - nine of them living in the same house. Deirdre impresses them by promising to listen to them. Linda Jackson is furious when Terry brings Pete home drunk. Linda tells Terry she wants him out of their lives. Deirdre doesn't feel she's assertive enough to be a Councillor. Linda tells Terry that Pete needs discipline to make something of himself. To prove to her that he has feelings, Terry tells her about Andrea Clayton rejecting him and taking his baby. She is touched.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker (Credited as "Susan Barlow")
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Kitchen and living room
- Corner Shop
- Pete Jackson's house, Edward Street - Living room and hallway
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 24th December 1986.
- Last appearance of Bet Lynch until 12th August 1987 as Julie Goodyear was granted compassionate leave to look after her seriously ill mother. Alice Goodyear died on 11th May, aged 64, several weeks after this episode had been recorded but Bet wasn't seen in the programme again until August as her disappearance and return had to be suitably written into the storyline.
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: High Noon' in the Street for rival election candidates, Alf and Deirdre. And there are sparks of a different kind between Terry and Linda Jackson.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,400,000 viewers (5th place).
|May 1987 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|