Terry avoids Pete Jackson, fearing that he'll hit him for making the pass. Alf is depressed that he's lost his seat. The Baldwins celebrate their first wedding anniversary. Mike pays for a celebration party at the Rovers for Deirdre. Terry is puzzled when Pete knows nothing of his pass. Ken refuses to let Mike pay for Deirdre's party and pays himself. Deirdre tells Alf that she wants them to remain friends and invites him to her party. Audrey thinks it's a good idea, telling Alf that life goes on. Terry tells Linda Jackson he knows that she didn't tell Pete as she wants him as much as he wants her. He tells her that he's never felt like this before and can't handle it; Pete's his best mate. Linda tells him that she's sick of being fancied by Pete's army pals - she's not a tart. She tries to fight her feelings but they end up in bed together. Alec asks the lads to hang onto the jukebox when they tell him the new owner has disappeared. Mavis tries to explain to Deirdre why she voted for Alf; she was frightened of change. Alf can't bring himself to celebrate with Deirdre and leaves the party early. Audrey stays as she's enjoying herself. Linda is devastated with guilt. On his own at No.11, Alf suffers a heart attack.
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Pete Jackson's house, Edward Street - Living room and hallway
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey enjoys a celebration at the Rovers, but Alf has a pressing need to leave early. Terry has reasons of his own for conning Curly and cheating Pete.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,550,000 viewers (5th place).
|May 1987 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|