Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th May 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Designer|| Eric Deakins|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||13th May 1987|
|Next episode||20th May 1987|
Audrey finds Alf in No.11 fighting for breath and calls an ambulance. He is rushed to hospital. Deirdre feels that she's caused Alf to have a heart attack and breaks down. Ken tells her that Alf must have been ill anyway. Rita supports Audrey at the hospital. Dr McLean tells Audrey that Alf has suffered a minor heart attack. Deirdre offers to help Audrey out at the shop. Audrey yells at her that she's got a nerve; she's hounded Alf out of office and into a hospital bed. Deirdre breaks down. The doctor tells Alf he has to change his lifestyle and take things easy.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Pete Jackson - Ian Mercer
- Tom Hopwood - Len Marten
- Ambulance Man - Colin Farrer
- Dr McLean - Sally Edwards
- Student Nurse - Nadja Zee
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Weatherfield General - Coronary care unit and corridors
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- This episode features a rare use of incidental music in the programme for the scene where the residents watch as Alf Roberts is taken out of No.11 on a stretcher.
- TV Times synopsis: There's a crisis in the Street, and Deirdre has cause to regret that she ever contested the election. Why is Hilda afraid of the gossips?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,250,000 viewers (3rd place).
|May 1987 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|