Alf feels that he'll never be his old self again. Hilda fears she'll get gossiped about if people know she's going to Rhyl with Tom Hopwood. Sam Tindall is annoyed that he's only a reserve in the formation team. Audrey brings Alf home and refuses to let him do anything. Alf assures Deirdre that she isn't to blame for his heart attack. Linda Jackson tells Terry they can't see each other again; she loves Pete and doesn't want to lose him. Hilda and Tom go on the over-sixties' week in Rhyl. Terry wears down Linda's defences and kisses her. They are interrupted by Curly. Curly tells Terry what he thinks of him.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Pete Jackson - Ian Mercer
- Tom Hopwood - Len Marten
- Dr McLean - Sally Edwards
- Linda Jackson - Kazia Pelka
- Sam Tindall - Tom Mennard
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard and office
- Weatherfield General - Coronary care unit
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm to allow for coverage of the UEFA Cup Final.
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: There's an unpleasant surprise in store for Curly - but that's nothing to the shock he gives Terry. Pompous Percy’s plans go awry when Hilda makes a brave announcement.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,200,000 viewers (4th place).
|May 1987 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|