Curly can't believe that Terry is still in love with Linda Jackson even though Pete knows about their affair. Betty and Gloria fear for their jobs. Hugh Ridley puts Betty in charge of the pub. Pete fears he's going to lose Linda so promises to change his lifestyle. He breaks down and begs her not to leave him. She is moved by his tears and breaks down herself. Pete tells Terry to stay away from Linda; she's decided that she's staying with him. Terry rings Linda who tells him she never wants to see him again. He is shattered. Alec tells Hugh he wants his money back. Hugh tells him the brewery owes him nothing, Bet does.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard and office
- Pete Jackson's house, Edward Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Newton & Ridley - Hugh Ridley's office
- Ian Mercer makes one of several pre-Gary Mallett appearances as Pete Jackson.
- TV Times synopsis: The Rovers' staff worry about the future, while Terry awaits a visit from Linda's husband, Pete.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,400,000 viewers (4th place).
|June 1987 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|