Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th July 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||8th July 1987|
|Next episode||15th July 1987|
Nicky doesn't want to go to Ireland and becomes subdued and upset. Gail gets sick of everyone asking her for news and she panics every time the phone rings or there's a knock on the door. Brian goes to join the Belfast ferry but Nicky tells him that he doesn't want to go on the ferry - he wants to go home to mum. Audrey and Ivy are worried sick about Nicky. Alec has to clean the pub himself. Brian brings Nicky back to Gail. After she's overcome her emotions she lays into Brian, calling him a rotten sod. She accuses him of putting her through four days of hell. She tells him that the Police are looking for him and tells him that he'll have to explain why he kidnapped Nicky. Brian is confused as he didn't kidnap Nicky; he's his son. Mike asks Deirdre to take the blame for him not getting planning permission; that she forgot to sort it out. She is amused when he suggests she flutters her eyelashes at her boss. Audrey and Ivy are thrilled to see Nicky again. Hilda misses working at the Rovers and is pleased when Alec offers her her job back. The Police tell Brian that he's wasted their time and advise him to sort things out with Gail. He tells Gail he's sorry. He tells her that he felt excluded from everyone and has nothing left. Gail lets him sleep in the spare room. He holds Sarah for the first time.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Hammond Road
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- Liverpool Docks and Ferry port
- TV Times synopsis: Brian and Nicky arrive at Liverpool docks en route for Ireland, while, back in the Street, tension mounts over the Factory Shop sign.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,200,000 viewers (5th place).
|July 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|