Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th July 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||13th July 1987|
|Next episode||20th July 1987|
Gloria tries to make the peace between Betty and Alec but neither will make the first move. Alec tells Betty he needs support, not aggro. He knows she's a good cook but that isn't good enough. Betty realises she's not wanted in the Rovers anymore and leaves. Betty warns Gloria that she could be next. Alec introduces Gloria to Margo Richardson, the new barmaid. He assures Gloria her job is safe. Deirdre tells Mike that he must get planning permission and she's informed the planning department about the sign. They will investigate. Mike is annoyed that she hasn't cooperated. Gail tells Jeff Singleton that she doesn't want to see him again; she likes him but she feels that she wants some time to think - Brian might be returning to her. Jeff takes it badly. Alec is pleased he's managed to get rid of Betty. Brian is surprised to hear Gail has finished with Jeff. She tells him that she wants him to come back. They embrace.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Gloria urges Alec to iron things out with Betty. Gail and Brian also have some sorting out to do.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,900,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|