Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd July 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||20th July 1987|
|Next episode||27th July 1987|
Susan is furious that Mike wants her to stop being his sales manager but be a shop assistant. She is annoyed when Mike makes a meal of Hopscotch's figures being down. Mike tells Linda Norton that there's no job for her at the Factory Shop. Alan takes up Jenny's idea and plans a secret wedding to spring on Rita. He takes Len's death certificate and his divorce papers to the Registrar. Susan accuses Mike of running Hopscotch into the ground and trapping her in a shop so that that the prospect of motherhood will seem inviting. Alan books his wedding at the Register Office. Jenny can't believe it.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- 5 Coronation Street - Yard
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- St. Mary's Place
- Last appearance of Nicky Tilsley until 25th December 1987.
- Last appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley until 9th December 1987.
- Location filming for the exterior of St. Mary's Place was conducted at an apartment block immediately south of St. John's Gardens, Lower Byrom Street, Manchester, next to the Museum of Science and Industry and Granada Television's Quay Street studios. The flat in real life was owned by Johnny Briggs as his weekday base in Manchester. See 46b, St. Mary's Place for other appearances and further details of the site.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike reminds Susan of a promise not to let her career stand in the way of starting a family. And Alan plans a major surprise for Rita.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,350,000 viewers (3rd place).
|July 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|