|ITV transmission date||27th July 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||22nd July 1987|
|Next episode||29th July 1987|
Mike tells Susan that the time has come for her to become pregnant; he doesn't want to wait any longer. Alan has second thoughts and considers cancelling the wedding but Jenny tells him that he must go through with it. She makes him see that Mavis will have to be told. Susan tells Mike that she's not ready for motherhood; she wants to achieve something first. Sally decides she wants a housewarming. Alan tells Mavis about his wedding. She thinks it's romantic. Susan tells Mike she won't be blackmailed into motherhood; as far as she's concerned she won't be ready for ten years. Alf is worried to hear that the Websters are planning a party. Rita feels that Mavis and Alan are acting strangely. Mike goes to a nightclub to drown his sorrows and have a good time.
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Club Carmen - Exterior and entrance
- First appearance of Jack Duckworth since 25th March 1987 as William Tarmey had to take a four-month break for heart surgery.
- TV Times synopsis: Alan Bradley drags Mavis into his web of intrigue. Can she keep the big secret from Rita?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,350,000 viewers (4th place).
Alec Gilroy: "In the beginning there was thrift and then there was opulence; the Gospel according to Alec Gilroy."
|July 1987 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|