|ITV transmission date||10th August 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||5th August 1987|
|Next episode||12th August 1987|
Sally confesses to Kevin that she didn't contact Fletchers to get them to take the chairs back. Alf tells her that he'll have the chair cleaned for her. Cecil Newton tells Alec they've been in contact with Bet and the tenancy will be given back to the brewery as they're paying her money back. Cecil tells Alec it's up to him to contact Bet and get his money back. Cecil lets it slip that Bet is working in a bar in Torremolinos. Susan tells Ken that she and Mike are splitting. She asks his advice, he tells her one of them will have to compromise. Alec decides to go to Spain to get his money from Bet. He also wants to know if she ran away from her debts or him. Fletchers contact Sally and tell her they're coming for the chairs. Kevin realises they won't take back a damaged chair and he'll end up paying for it. Susan tells Mike she's going away to Newcastle to see how she feels when she's missing him. Alec flies out to Spain.
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Newton & Ridley - Cecil Newton's Office
- Manchester Airport - Check-in desks
- TV Times synopsis: Alec Gilroy hears news of the elusive Bet Lynch.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,000,000 viewers (4th place).
Alec Gilroy: "So when can I expect a cheque from you?"
Cecil Newton: "From us?"
Alec Gilroy: "Well that's right. It was my money she used to pay you for the tenancy, she's giving you the tenancy back so you give me my money back. That seems to me as logical as keeping yer hat on in a bird sanctuary."
|August 1987 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|