|ITV transmission date||24th August 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||19th August 1987|
|Next episode||26th August 1987|
Alan wants Jenny to stay on at school to get 'A' Levels. Bet tells Alec that they can't afford to keep Margo Richardson on. Martin tells Gail that he's leaving the cafe and is going to France. Alec tells Margo she has to go. Margo is furious and starts insulting Bet so she gives Margo her coat and tells her to leave. Alec isn't happy that she took the lead. Bet arranges a meeting with the Reverend Rawlinson. Alec isn't keen. Alan buys Jenny a watch as he's proud of her. Jenny is embarrassed as she's decided not to return to school.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox (Credited as "Barabara Knox")
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- William Roache (Ken Barlow) and Anne Kirkbride (Deirdre Barlow) are credited but do not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The next step up for Jenny Bradley is A-levels. But Alan and Rita think she needs a push. Martin Platt drops a bombshell on Gail and Brian. Barmaid Margo is rubbing Bet up the wrong way and a showdown looks imminent.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,100,000 viewers (4th place).
|August 1987 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|