Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th August 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||Bill Podmore|
|Producer||John G. Temple|
|Previous episode||24th August 1987|
|Next episode||31st August 1987|
Jenny tells Alan that she's sick of school and won't be going back. Rita feels sorry for Jenny as Alan launches in on an attack as to why she isn't returning to school. Jenny is envious of Martin going grape-picking in the sunshine. Percy helps Emily with the Sean Meredith charity appeal. They decide to hold an event. Bet and Alec go to All Saints Church. Alec hopes he won't be able to marry in church as he's divorced but the Reverend Rawlinson doesn't mind. They set the date for 9th September. Mike gives Emily a cheque for £500 for the appeal, anonymously. Jenny tells Martin that she's packed her bag and she's coming to France with him. He tries to talk her out of it but she is adamant. They set off. Deirdre and Emily decide to hold a fete in the Street for the appeal. Brian and Gail go on holiday to Greece. Alan and Rita find a note from Jenny saying she's going to France. Alan is furious and calls the Police.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette (Credited as "Tracey Barlow")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and yard
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- All Saints Church - Exterior
- This was the last episode produced by John G. Temple.
- TV Times synopsis: The vicar has good news for Bet and Alec. Jenny has bad news for her dad. And plans for the charity appeal bring out the best in everyone, including Percy.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,510,000 viewers (3rd place).
|August 1987 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|