Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th October 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||30th September 1987|
|Next episode||7th October 1987|
Vera spends hours cleaning the soot up. She tells Jack that they'll have to redecorate now. She can't get the soot out of her dentures. Martin tells Rita that Jenny is still in France; she went off with a load of French students when he decided to return. Someone reports a gas leak at No.9 so the Gasboard Man calls. Ken tells Deirdre that she should be looking after Tracy. Deirdre suggests he takes time off work to look after her but he tells her that she's being stupid. The Gasboard Man clears the fire after giving Jack a ticking-off. Alan returns home. He goes for Martin, accusing him of abandoning Jenny. Martin tells him that Jenny went off with a Frenchman to Paris, declaring that she was in love.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Telephone kiosk in Dover Ferry port
- TV Times synopsis: Jack’s handiwork earns him an official reprimand, and there's a potentially explosive situation at the Barlows'.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,450,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1987 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|