Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th October 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||7th October 1987|
|Next episode||14th October 1987|
Alan tries to talk Jenny into marrying after her 'A' Levels, she refuses - she loves Patrice Podevin and isn't going to wait. Alec is ill with flu so Bet forces him to stay in bed. As she's short-staffed, Bet contacts Betty who agrees to return whilst Alec's ill. Deirdre tells Ken that she's going to make a success of being a Councillor and he'd better come to terms with it. Alan feels Jenny is too young to marry. He gets her to agree to think seriously about the future. Alec hates staying in bed and worries that the Rovers will go under.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and front bedroom
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre adopts a determined approach with Ken, but Bet resorts to secrecy when putting one over Alec.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,350,000 viewers (3rd place).
|October 1987 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|