Martin's dad gets him a job interview at the printing works where he works but he doesn't want the job. Deirdre gives Ken a report she has written on the conference for him to print in the Recorder. Alec is given the job of assembling a troupe to entertain the British Army in Germany. Ken finds Deirdre's report tedious and egotistical. Alec asks Betty to put more salt in her hotpot to make the customers thirsty but she refuses to change her recipe. The doctor tells Susan that she's definitely pregnant. Mike celebrates. Deirdre is enraged to read letters criticising her council trip on the ratepayers money. She asks Ken how he could criticise her so publicly. He tells her that he knows she was never picked to go on the trip but volunteered. He refuses to print her article, telling her that it's boring. Alec tells Bet he's going to have to go with the troupe to Germany. She is annoyed that she's going to be stuck in the Rovers. Deirdre tells Ken she didn't tell him she volunteered as she knew he'd have been horrid about it. He assures her that he's proud of her. Susan is embarrassed when Mike tells the Barlows about her pregnancy. Ken is pleased.
- Susan Baldwin - Wendy Jane Walker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Last appearance of Betty Turpin until 15th February 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin has certainly had the rug pulled from under him with his latest news. Deirdre, too, is in for a shock when her council activities feature heavily in this week's edition of Ken’s newspaper - is he husband or enemy?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,950,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1987 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|